School Education Department South Punjab issued a notification regarding exams emergency for secondary and higher secondary students in all South Punjab Schools. The department of education in South Punjab take a serious concern over challenging result of grade-9 in annual results 2022.
The Education department conducted a thorough analysis of the causes of low results through experts in the field of education. To cover the deficiency in last year and to improve the matriculation and Intermediate results , department pleased to impose an exam emegncy from 5 December till the condcut of examinations in April and May 2023 in all South Punjab Schools.
In the extent of this exam emergency, all Chief Executive Officers of DEA South Punjab are directed to follow the below instructions and plans.
- CEO / DEA should devise plans to conduct the December test and supervision the December tests.
- Conduct subject-wise Strength/Weakness analysis of students in December tests.
- Winter vacation tasks are assigned on the basis of diagnostic tests conducted in December.
- A follow-up continuous test schedule from January to March be notified before winter vacations.
- Subjects teachers should prepare students’ individual profiles to keep progress track records.
- Head Teachers will prepare feedback mechanisms to communicate progress to parents and students on a frequent basis.
- Subject-wise mock exams twice on the pattern of BISE exams pattern before the start of the Board exams in mind -April for Matric and in mid-May for Intermediate students will be notified by the CEO with appropriate intervals.
In addition, it is notified to all CEOs that BISE has changed the pattern policy for MCQ’sand long Questions from textual material to SLOs for conceptual learning. For the year 2023 the weightage for knowledge-based questions would be 50%, Understanding Questions 35%, and Application 15 % respectively.
A team of assessment experts to develop an item bank for all subjects to be formulated at the district level that will prepare understanding and application-level exams as per the BISE pattern within December.
The purpose of the exam emergency in all South Punjab Schools is to improve the results of the students and to find the route causes for the low results in the recently announced annual results in 2022.